So easy, so delicious.
I find soup so boring!.... I'm always looking for fun options! This is so yummy and comforting....i actually prefer it cold but then i do have a thing for cold soups! Also if you remove all the stock before blending, so its really thick you can substitute it for béchamel sauce.....great in lasagne.... or as a creamy pasta sauce.
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Head of cauliflower
- 1 Tin sweetcorn
- 1 Stock cube of your choice
- Enough water to cover the cauliflower
- Heat the olive oil on a medium heat in a medium sized saucepan. Add the garlic and stir until lightly golden (roughly 1 minute).
- Add in the cauliflower and sweetcorn followed by the stock cube and water.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is butter soft.
- Remove half of the liquid and set aside.
- Blend then depending on the consistency add back in some of the liquid if need be.
- Season to taste... it may well need a good few pinches of salt and pepper!