Chicken & Okra Curry
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 2 Tsp ground turmeric
- 1 Chopped deseeded Red Chilli (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Curry powder/shawarma spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
Mix the above ingredients in a bowl. Add it to a large frying pan/ sauce pan. Cook on a medium heat for 2/3 minutes, stir continuously until bubbling and fragrant.
- 2 onions, finely chopped,
- 2lb Chicken Mince
- 5 medium tomatoes, diced
- 300g frozen Okra
- Tin of coconut milk (optional)
Add in the chopped onions and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Turn the heat up to medium high. Add in the chicken and cook for a further 8/10minutes, stirring frequently and breaking up the chicken, the chicken should start to turn golden and stick to the bottom of the pan.
Add in the tomatoes and okra mix well to combine.
Cover and cook for 45 mins on a medium low heat, stir every 10 minutes. You could at this point add in a tin of coconut milk. Alternatively if you prefer a dryer curry leave it out.
Once cooked taste and season as desired.
Serve with a squeeze of lemon and chopped parsley or coriander!