4/5 Chicken Breasts, Cubed
- 1 Tbsp reg mayonnaise
- 1 Tsp turmeric
- 1 Tsp cumin
- 1 Tsp ground coriander
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp sunflower or coconut oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Large clove garlic, chopped
- 1 Heaped Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp Bouillon stock/chicken stock
- 1 Bag of frozen leaf spinach, thawed (remove bag from freezer a few hours before so it begins to defrost)
- Add all the marinade ingredients into a clean bowl and stir well to combine. Add in the chicken and mix until well coated in the marinade. Refrigerate 2-8hrs.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on a medium/high heat. Add onions and cook, stiring continuously, for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium, add in the cumin, caraway seeds and garlic. Continue to stir and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes only string every minute or so, as you want the chicken to go golden.
- After 5 mins add in the curry powder & stock. Stir well to combine.
- Then add in the thawed spinach. Keep heat on medium and cook for a further 15-20 minutes, stirring often.
- This makes for a rich and quite dry curry as all the liquid reduces. I like it like this! Alternatively, you can reduce the heat and cover the pan for the final 15-20 minutes which makes the curry much wetter.
Sprinkle with toasted shaved almonds and serve with boiled basmati rice or chapatis.