First make the date mix:
- 180g soft pitted dates
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- ½ Tsp Sea salt
- 2 Tbsp of Boiling water
Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blend to a smooth paste. Set aside
Now for the Brownies....
- 200g Dark chocolate 75%
- 50g Coconut oil (aroma free)
- 1 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 150g Ground almonds
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Handful Raspberries or Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Once smooth and melted remove from the heat. Set aside to cool for a few minutes
- Then add in the ground almonds, eggs, coffee, maple syrup. The mixture will be quite stiff.
- Stir until combined then fold in the date mixture in a couple of folds you just want it to marble rather than be totally mixed through.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking tray.
- Then stud with the frozen raspberries or blueberries.
- Cook in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool then freeze. Remove from the 10 minutes before eating!