What I love about this sauce is that it’s kind of what we are all about! Healthy, fresh delicious food that compliments a healthy diet yet feels indulgent! It’s full of goodness, filling & earth shatteringly satisfying!
There are 3 ways of using the sauce. A. Pour it over chicken or fish (reserve some sauce for serving) and bake until they are cooked.
B. Add vegetables/cubes fish straight into the sauce and let them simmer, covered, until cooked through!
C. Use it cold as a salad dressing for rice noodles/vegetable noodles/grated carrot & cabbage
Its roughly 80 cals per serving with 2.5g of protein!
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil (or cooking oil of choice)
Please note the below 3 ingredients I always use the ready chopped frozen variety. It’s easier and I like the texture it gives to the sauce!
- 1 Tbsp Ginger, grated
- 1 Clove Garlic, grated
- 1 Red Chilli, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Curry powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tbsp Crunchy peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 Stick Lemon grass (snapped in half)
- 1 Tsp Bouillon (optional but gives more depth of flavour)
- 1 Tin Reduced Fat Coconut milk
- Zest & juice 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp Tamari
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat with the sesame oil in and add the ginger and garlic & chilli. Stir then add in the curry powder & turmeric.
- Stir for a few seconds then add in the rest of the ingredients, stirring continuously.
- Bring to the boil then let it simmer for 10 minutes.
Leave a comment