Thai butternut soup
- 1 Tbsp of coconut oil or light olive oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Pkt Waitrose cooks ingredients Thai mix
- 1 Butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tin Biona (light optional) coconut milk
- 250ml Water
- 1 Tbsp Bouillon Stock Powder
- 1 salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add in the onion and let it cook stirring frequently until it's golden.
- Turn heat down to medium and add the Thai mix, stir for another minute or two before adding the butternut squash followed by both the coconut milk, water & Bouillon powder.
- Bring to the boil then turn the heat down and let it simmer gently for 45 minutes.
- Once the butternut is soft blend until the soup is silky smooth.
- Garnish with fresh chilli and coriander
-Give it a kick by adding a tbsp of curry powder at the stage you add in the Thai mix.
-Turn it into a fish curry by adding in cod or salmon for the last 30 minutes of cooking.