This soup is so delicious and a real crowd pleaser! All will become clear below but I do tend to make the broth the day before needed and refrigerate over night to let the flavours intensify but it can also be made in a flash just before serving!
What you will need:
Cooks ingredients Frozen Thai Mix, Toasted sesame oil, Reduced Fat Coconut Milk, Curry Powder, Ground Turmeric, Bouillon Stock, Waitrose Super Bright Stir Fry Vegetables, Waitrose Watercress, Biona Organic Spelt Buckwheat Noodles, Apple cider vinegar, Marigold Liquid Aminos, cooks ingredients crispy onions
You can add all the ingredients to your Ocado App shopping cart by cutting & pasting them from above. Click on the Ocado search bar and you will see a drop down “find a list of products” click this then paste the ingredients into the search bar, click search and wait for the magic to happen! You need 1 of everything and obviously omit anything you already have in your larder!
To make this a little more hearty we suggest serving it with a grilled piece of fish, chicken or meat on top! You can also whisk in an egg or two at boiling point just before serving. See notes.
Thai Noodle Soup - Serves 4
- 1 x Tbsp Sesame oil / any cooking oil
- 1 x Cooks ingredients Frozen Thai Mix
- 1 x Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 x Tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 x Tin Reduced Fat Coconut Milk
- 2 Pints Water
- 1 x Tbsp Bouillon Stock
- 1-2 Tbsp Liquid Aminos
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 x Waitrose Super Bright Stir Fry Vegetables
- 1 x Waitrose Watercress
- 1/2 Packet Biona Organic Spelt Buckwheat Noodles
- Sprinkle of Crispy onions
- Add the first 4 ingredients into a large saucepan on a med to high heat. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add in the coconut milk & water. Bring to the boil, stirring often, then turn down to a simmer.
- Add in the stock, liquid aminos & vinegar. Stir well.
- Add in the watercress, vegetables & noodles. If you are making it in advance, turn the broth off at this point (the veg & noodles will cook while the broth cools and just need to be warmed through before serving) so let it cool, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If you are ready to serve let it simmer for 6-8 minutes. Then serve immediately.
- If you have made it in advance, remove from fridge and bring to the boil, turn off and serve immediately.
- The best part about this soup is that it barely requires any cooking time...that’s because you don’t want to over cook the vegetables & noodles, they are both nicer with a little bite to them. So be careful to not let them boil away for too long!
- Like I said previously you can add 2 x whisked eggs at step 5 or 6. Use a fork to swirl the egg in, you will see it turn opaque as it hits the hot soup.
- I normally serve this soup with a piece of plain grilled cod on top. But play around with adding sliced grilled chicken or steak!
Leave a comment