Vegan Chocolate Frosting
Makes enough to cover a 20cm round cake.
- 250g Dark Chocolate (or any vegan/dairy free chocolate)
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil (odourless)
- 3 Tbsp (plus more to reach your desired consistency see note) of your preferred Milk alternative (I prefer oat milk)
- 1 Cup Icing Sugar
1. Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil in a heatproof bowl, over a saucepan of water, until liquid.
2. Take off the heat, add in the 3 Tbsp milk alternative & the icing sugar. Stir continuously until it starts to cool. The cooler it becomes the thicker it will get. Refrigerate, removing to stir every 5 minutes, until smooth and firm.
Note: To turn the thick frosting into a glaze, as it begins to thicken one by one add in another few tablespoons of milk alternative until it is fluid & pourable. Pour over cake for a beautiful even coverage. As it cools completely it will continue to slightly thicken and set (as per picture)