Curried Cauliflower Soup
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 White Onion, chopped
- 1 large Head Cauliflower (or 2 small heads), roughly chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 stock cube or 1 tbsp bouillon stock.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment. Take 1/4 of the cauliflower and break it up into small florets. Spread it out on the tray and roast until golden (20-30 mins). Set aside to cool.
- Heat a medium sized saucepan. Sauté the onion in 1 tbsp coconut oil for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add the curry powder (less or more for a stronger curry taste) & stir until well combined.
- Add the remaining cauliflower, stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in cold water until the cauliflower is just covered. Add in the stock.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. The cauliflower should be soft when a knife is inserted.
- Blend until smooth.
- Finely chop the chives and add them to the roasted cauliflower. Season with a pinch of salt & pepper.
To serve pour the hot soup into bowls and top with the roasted cauliflower & chives.