- 1 Tbsp Cooking Oil (your preference)
- 2lb Chicken Mince ( or homemade mince breast using grater attachment on magimix video here)
- 1 Pkt Waitrose Frozen Thai Mix
- 1 Red Onion, diced
- 1 Tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp Bouillon
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- Additional juice of 2/3 limes for the dressing.
- 1 Chinese cabbage, finely sliced
- 3 Whole Spring Onions, chopped
- 1 Red pepper, sliced into sticks
- 1 Cucumber, sliced into sticks
- 1 Carrot, sliced into sticks
- 1 Cup Bean Sprouts
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp ground black pepper
- Heat a large frying pan with 1 Tbsp of oil on a medium to high heat.
- Add in the red onion until it begins to soften (2-3 mins).
- Next add in the thai mix, turmeric, bouillon & curry powder stiring frequently for 2-3 mins . If it starts sticking to the bottom of the pan add in a splash of water.
- Add in the chicken and cook for 15 minutes, stirring every minute or two until the chicken is golden and caramelised.
- Finish by stiring in the lime juice and zest. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile put all the Salad ingredients in a large bowl. Pour over the lime juice, plus the salt & pepper. Toss until well combined.
- Add in the chicken, toss again then serve and enjoy!
Let your guests garnish their own salads by serving it with a bowl of caramelised crushed peanuts and fresh red chilli.
This salad is also delicious rolled up in rice paper....for the perfect summer rolls!
Leave a comment