- 1 Pkt Waitrose Cooks Ingredients Thai Mix
- 1 Whole Spring Onion
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Tamari
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 Tin Coconut Milk (reduced fat or normal) see notes
- 1.5L Cold Water
- 1 Tbsp Bouillon (any powdered stock)
- 1 Large chicken breast, 4 skinless chicken legs.
- Sugar snap peas
- Baby corn
- 2 Courgettes, spiralised
- Brown Rice noodles
- Heat 1 Tbsp sesame oil in a large saucepan. Add in the thai mix, stir continuously for 1 minute.
- Add in the chicken, continue to stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk, stock, turmeric, water, and spring onion. Mix well.
- Bring to a slow boil then reduce to a simmer. If keeping vegetarian skip to step 6.
- If you have added chicken let it simmer covered for 1 hour. After 1 hour discard the spring onion. Remove the chicken and shred before returning to the soup.
- Once ready to serve, add in the courgette noodles, sugarsnap peas and rice noodles. Bring the soup back to a simmer for 2 minutes. Add Tamari to taste, then serve immediately.
* Finely sliced spring onion, red chilli & torn coriander
You can use a whole tin of coconut milk I prefer just a hint of coconut.
For sesame allergies swap sesame oil for any other cooking oil of choice