Serves 4 kids, 2 hungry adults
- 500g Cod or any white fish, cut in strips (fish finger sized)
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated
- 75g ground almonds
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed (optional you can replace with more sesame or almonds)
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Rinse fish in cold water and pat dry with a piece of kitchen roll.
- Place egg in a mixing bowl and add the garlic and 1/2 the tsp of salt. Add the fish, cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Remove fish from fridge.
- In a shallow dish mix the ground almond, flax, sesame seeds, turmeric, and remaining 1/2 tsp salt & pepper.
- Dip fish in the almond mixture until well coated then place on a lined baking tray (greaseproof paper is best).
- Bake in the oven hot for 20 minutes!
Note: I find when i use greaseproof paper the underside of the fish fingers crisps up nicely. Check half way through cooking and turn half way if need be.