For the ceviche....
- 250g Sea bass skinless & boneless, Cubed to roughly 1cm
- ½ tsp salt
- Juice of 3 limes
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Red Onion, sliced wafer thin
- 1 Red Chilli, finely sliced
- Small bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
- Add the citrus juices to a small mixing bowl and combine with the salt. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Add the Chilli if using and leave for a few minutes then add the fish. Check the seasoning it can often need a touch more salt.
- Divide between serving bowls and decorate with the red onion and coriander if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- ½ Cup Sesame seeds (white,black or a mixture)
- ½ Cup Ground Flaxseed
- 1 Large Egg, separated white only
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees
- Mix all the above ingredients. Leave to sit for 5 minutes.
- Take a silicone baking mat. ( it really can't be substituted for anything else) and use a teaspoon to make evenly spread (about 5cm apart) little mounds of the mixture.
- Now you want to flatten the mounds into round discs. This can be a little tricky at first whilst you get used to the sticky nature of the mixture.
- Use the back of the spoon or your fingers to flatten down. Or you can also lay a piece of clingfilm down and gently roll with a rolling pin until roughly 3mm. Peel the clingfilm away very carefully as it can stick. Most important thing to remember is they don't have to be neat and uniform, rustic is great!!
- Cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes. The crackers should be dry and golden. Set aside to cool completely before enjoying.
- Once you have mastered it you can add a pinch of your favourite spice such as turmeric, cumin & paprika for more flavour.