- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 500g Frozen Leaf Spinach, thawed & drained well
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Za'atar
- 1 Tsp sea salt
- 1 Red chilli, sliced finely
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Heat a medium oven proof frying pan with 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Add the onion and cook on a medium/high heat until it starts to soften and go golden (roughly 5 minutes)
- Add in the garlic. Cook for 1 minute stirring constantly then add the turmeric, curry powder and tomato purée. Continue to stir for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add in the Spinach. Cook for a further 5 minutes stirring every so often to make sure everything is well combined. (It should look quite dry, if it is wet cook until it reduces.
- Crack the eggs on top. Then sprinkle immediately with the Za'atar,sea salt and sliced chilli
- Finish off under the grill for 4 minutes or until the whites have become opaque.
Mix 170g yogurt with the juice of half a lemon, 1 Tsp of sea salt and 1 generous Tbsp of Tahini. Whisk well until smooth. Once this basic sauce is made you can add in finely diced cucumber or chopped herbs such as parsley or coriander.
Leave a comment