Creamy Sweetcorn Dip
- 6 Corn on the cob
- 1 Red Pepper, finely diced
- 1 Green Pepper, finely diced
- 1 Chilli, deseeded (optional)
- 1/2 Red onion, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise (can substitute with well mashed avocado)
- Juice of 1/2 a Lime
- 1 Tsp Salt & 1/2 Tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- A handful of chopped Chives or Coriander to serve
- Heat the oven on a high grill setting.
- Wash corn and put the cobs on a piece of foil under the grill. Turn every 3 minutes until cooked through (roughly 10 minutes) Keep an eye on them to make sure they don't burn. Set them aside to cool.
- Dice the peppers and red onion and put in a mixing bowl.
- Once the corn is cool, slice it off the cob using a sharp serrated knife. Add half the corn to the diced peppers.
- Put the other half in a separate mixing bowl and add the mayonnaise chilli and lime juice. use a stick blender to blend until smooth and creamy.
- Combine this with the rest of the whole corn and peppers. Add salt and pepper. Then garnish with chopped herbs.
This recipe is incredibly versatile! You can add all sorts like.... chopped avocado or grated cheese, even shredded chicken! Up the quantity of mayo if you want it creamier.... or even use sour cream.